من انا

صورتي
Gaza, Gaza strip, Palestine
PEDIATRICIAN CONSULTANT -C.E.S De Pediatrie, C.P.B.in Pediatrics- GAZA,PALESTINE
Powered By Blogger

Dr.KAMEL HASSAN PEDIATRIC QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS Headline Animator

Dr.KAMEL HASSAN PEDIATRIC PROBLEM SOLVING CASES Headline Animator

DR.KAMEL HASSAN PEDIATRIC CASE OF THE MONTH Headline Animator

Dr.Kamel Hassan Pediatric Emergency MCQs Headline Animator

Dr.KAMEL HASSAN PEDIATRIC MCQ OF THE DAY Headline Animator

Dr.KAMEL YOUSSEF HASSAN PEDIATRIC MEDICAL LIBRARY Headline Animator

Pediatric Medical Books1

Pediatric Medical Books1
Pediatric Library

Pediatric Medical Books2

Pediatric  Medical Books2
Pediatric Library

Pediatric Medical Books3

Pediatric Medical Books3
Pediatric Library

الثلاثاء، 12 أغسطس 2008

Pediatric Problem Solving -Case 1

Pediatric Problem Solving – Case 1
A 12 months old boy presents to the emergency department with a 6 hour history of vomiting, colicky abdominal pain, and irritability. On physical examination a sausage like mass is palpable in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen
What is the most appropriate next step in management
A. Order a CT scan of the abdomen
B. Order a barium swallow
C. Obtain a surgical consultation
D. Follow up examination after 4 hours
Explaination of the case
 Choice A : Points against: time and money wasting + not method of choice, ultrasound is better
 Choice B
a. Points against: shows till duodenum while obstruction is in upper Rt quadrant + baby suffers from vomiting
b. If we were to use this method, we'd use barium enema
 Choice C: (the right choice) a. Points with
1. Age of boy, intussusception usually occurs between 6 months to 3 years old (usually after gastroenteritis) 2. Sausage like mass ( CANT possibly be liver)
3. Since known intussusception, early management is very easy [reduction by pressure] using air
 Choice D
a. Points against: sausage like mass suggests intussusception, if the last sentence was not in the case this would have been the right choice [hospital admission with regular check up every hour] b. If a case of intuss. Is left without ttt, it proceeds to gangrene and death, with management necessitating surgical intervention, which would not have been required if managed early (reduction by pressure using air
)

هناك تعليق واحد:

Harriet John يقول...

Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady on blog spot on how Dr God hands cure her HIV/Aids with herbal medicine then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr God hands hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr God hands Herbal Medicine.
I will advise you too to give a try to Dr God hands Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure permanently such diabetes, Herpes, HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer,Parkinson's disease,Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer,Arthritis,Fibromyalgia,Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Cold, Glaucoma, Cardiovascular disease, Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck, XoXo****Dr Owo Ibuku Also known as Doctor God hands Contact Information:::Email (doctorgodhands@gmail.com) WhatsApp-(+2349057214220)